Ria Kucera joined SCWP Schindhelm’s office in Vienna in 2011, as of March 2015 as an Attorney-at-Law.
After graduating at the University of Vienna (title “Mag. iur.”, 2009), Ria absolved her legal clerkship within the courts in the district of the Vienna Higher Regional Court (District Court Floridsdorf and Reginal Court Korneuburg). Subsequently, Ria worked as of 2010 as an associate in an international law firm in Vienna and joined the domestic and international Dispute Resolution Team of SCWP Schindhelm in Vienna as of 2011. Ria is especially experienced in the representation of clients in domestic and international arbitration in German or English as well as the representation in litigation proceedings in all matters relating to commercial law.
In 2013, Ria successfully passed the Austrian Bar Examen and is admitted to the Viennese bar association since March 2015.
Ria is currently finishing her studies “International Dispute Resolution” at the Danube-University in Krems (post-graduate study).
Ria is member of the Austrian Arbitration Association (ArbAut/YAAP), the Deutschen Instituts für Schiedsgerichtsbarkeit (DIS 40) und the Association Suisse de l’Arbitrage (ASA below 40).
Ria Kucera advises and represents domestic and foreign companies and individuals in all matters relating to commercial law, especially in matters related to civil law, contract law, company law and tenancy law as well as labour law.
Ria Kucera is member of the international Dispute Resolution Team of SCWP Schindhelm and is due to her almost 10 years lasting career in Dispute Resolution especially experienced in the representation of clients in domestic and international arbitration proceedings (under the rules of VIAC, ICC and Ad Hoc) as well as in litigation.
- Advising and representing two subsidiaries of a publicly listed and internationally active real estate developer based in Vienna in arbitration concerning a post M&A dispute (administered by VIAC).
- Advising and representing a real estate company in a labor court proceedings against a former employer concerning alleged commission entitlements.
- Advising a globally active insurance company in out-of-court settlement negotiations with Austria’s largest mobility services provider in connection with major damages of the roof of the new main train station in Vienna caused by shuttering panels which were blown off the roof of a nearby construction site during a storm end of the year 2017.
- Advising and representing a major Austrian state-owned company against the Austrian subsidiary of a globally active construction company based in Germany in litigation concerning alleged additional costs amounting to nearly EUR 4m relating to the construction of an Austrian motorway.
- Regularly advising and representing an Austrian retailer which exclusively sells and installs windows and doors for one of Europe’s largest suppliers of windows and doors in out-of-court settlement negotiations and litigation proceedings.
- Advising and representing an investment company based in Vienna in a VIAC arbitration concerning the claim for loan re-payment against the European subsidiary of a Russian bank / a Ukrainian investment company.
- Advising and representing an Austrian food manufacturer in three ad-hoc arbitration proceedings in relation to a dispute arising out of franchise agreements.
- Advising and representing an Austrian engineering company in an ICC arbitration concerning the erection of four turnkey flue gas desulphurization plants in the Americas.
- Advising and representing an investment company based in Luxembourg in a VIAC-arbitration concerning a post M&A dispute against the Czech seller of all shares of a company which is holding and operating a shopping center in Slovakia.
- Advising and representing an automotive industry holding group in an ICC arbitration concerning a post M&A dispute involving among others the assessments of the Brazilian and Mexican holding companies of the target company.
- Advising and representing one of the leading distributors of frozen fruits in the CEE with its headquarters in Austria in an arbitration proceeding against one of its supplier seated in Bosnia & Herzegovina.
- Advising and representing the Czech subsidiary of a global industry group in a Vienna Rules arbitration concerning claims for additional expenditures et al. for supplying building technology for the construction of an office and shopping center in the city center of Prague as well as opposing counterclaims of the general contractor.
- Advising and representing a Swedish distributor of medical devices in Vienna Rules arbitration against an Austrian pharmaceutical company involving claims due to the termination of the distribution agreement.