Dr.iur., LL.M. (Columbia)
Lukas Leitner has worked with SCWP Schinhelm since 2010. Before joining the firm, he clerked for the Austrian Cartel Court. He passed the Austrian bar exam in 2012 with honors and is admitted to the Austrian Bar since 2014. He passed the New York State bar exam in 2015 and is admitted in the state of New York since 2017. He was a lecturer at the University of Vienna.
Lukas received his legal education at the University of Vienna (Mag.iur. in 2008; Dr.iur. in 2012 with distinction; Doctoral Dissertation on Disclosure Regulation of Cash-Settled Equity Derivatives) and at Columbia Law School, New York (LL.M. in 2015, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar). Further he has been an Erasmus scholar (2007) at the University St.Gallen (HSG).
Lukas Leitner primarily advises in the field of (cross-border) real estate and M & A transactional work and on regulatory issued related thereto. He also has experience in advising clients in relation to the structuring, setting up and registration of (alternative) investment funds.
- Advised Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investing on the acquisition and refinancing of the mixed used real estate complex "Millennium City / Millennium Tower" in Handelskai 94-96, 1200 Vienna, with a total area of 92.700 sqm.
- Advised Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investing on the acquisition of the mixed used real estate complex Wien Mitte including the shopping center "The Mall".
- Advised IFA Institut für Anlageberatung AG, a member of Soravia Group, on the acquisition of “Motel One Elisabethstraße” in Vienna’s city center; its processing as a tax-relief participation model (“Bauherrenmodell) in the legal form of a GmbH & Co KG (limited partnership) as well as on the sale to about 200 investors.
- Advised Conwert Immobilien Invest SE on the sale of its entire Czech real estate portfolio with a total area of 46,249 sqm.
- Advised STRAUSS & PARTNER Development GmbH on the sale and refinancing of the Porr Tower, an office building in 1100 Vienna, Absberggasse 47. The Porr Tower is the headquarters of Porr AG.
- Advising the operator of one of the leading crowdinvesting platforms in Austria on the launch of its crowdinvesting model.