Markus P. Fellner
Mag.iur., LL.M. (London)
After completing his law degree at the University of Vienna (Mag. iur.) in 1994, Markus P. Fellner studied European law and European antitrust law at Kings College and Queen Mary University in London where he earned his LL.M. in 1996.
Markus P. Fellner is registered as a lawyer in the list of lawyers at the Vienna Bar Association since 2001. From 2002 to 2010 Markus P. Fellner was a partner in a renowned law firm in Vienna. Since 2011 Markus P. Fellner was first acting in cooperation with SCWP Schindhelm, afterwards as Of Counsel to SCWP Schindhelm and since 2014 Markus P. Fellner is Partner at SCWP Schindhelm.
Markus P. Fellner focuses on the areas Dispute Resolution as well as antitrust law.
Markus P. Fellner represents domestic and foreign companies in civil litigation and arbitration proceedings in Austria and CEE. He offers an extensive know-how concerning the support and representation for complex large-scale projects, advising clients at the appraisal and implementation stage of the projects as well as actively enforcing claims in the context of alternative dispute resolution mechanisms. Markus P. Fellner has already represented companies in the industry sectors construction and engineering, power plants, energy, infrastructure for data transfer, medical devices, transport systems and logistics and automotive parts.
As counsel in complex arbitration and Dispute Board proceedings and as arbitrator respectively Markus P. Fellner has conducted proceedings according to the Rules of the Vienna International Arbitral Centre of the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber (VIAC), the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the German Institution of Arbitration (DIS) and the UNCITRAL Rules as well as ad hoc proceedings.He is registered in the list of arbitrators of the Vienna International Arbitral Centre of the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber (VIAC) as well as the Permanent Court of Arbitration of the Viennese Chamber of Commerce (“Ständiges Schiedsgericht der Wirtschaftskammer Wien”).
In antitrust proceedings Markus P. Fellner represents companies in proceedings before Austrian and European competition authorities, such as the European Court of Justice (ECJ). The antitrust practice encompasses merger filings and consultations in relation to cartels and abuse of a dominant position. Compliance trainings constitute another focus of Markus P. Fellner.
Furthermore, he possesses extensive expertise in setting up distribution structures, such as international franchise systems and Joint Ventures.
Markus P. Fellner is a member of the Austrian Arbitration Association (ArbAut), the Austro British Chamber as well as the Dispute Review Board Foundation (DRBF).
Markus P. Fellner is author of publications on antitrust, arbitration and foreign trade law.
- Representing a Czech subsidiary of a global industry group in arbitration proceedings concerning the construction of the largest shopping center in the city center of Prague.
- Representing the Polish and Kosovan subsidiary of a global industry group in arbitration proceedings in relation to supplies to a national energy utility and to claims related to an outage of a power plant.
- Representing a leading producer of transformers in an alternative dispute case involving claims resulting of an incident at a nuclear power plant against an US energy utility.
- Advising a global industry group in an alternative dispute resolution case concerning the construction and renovation of a medical institution and a land marke church in its claims against a joint-venture partner and the principal, a foreign state authority in the CEE.
- Advising a German insurance company in recourse proceedings before Czech Courts against an international producer of electrotechnical products.