Dr. iur., LL.M. (NYU), MRICS
Immanuel Gerstner has joined SCWP Schindhelm in 2007 and has been a partner at SCWP Schindhelm since 2008. In 2005 and 2006, he was deputy director for participation management at the Austrian Ministry of Infrastructure. Before that, he was working as an associate at leading international law firms in Vienna (2003-2005) and as an assistant to Prof Dr Lurger at the University of Salzburg (2002-2003).
He received his legal education at the University of Salzburg (Mag.iur. in 2000; Dr.iur. in 2001) and at New York University (LL.M. in 2002). Further Immanuel Gerstner has been an Erasmus scholar (1999) and a research scholar (2001) at University of Naples.
Immanuel Gerstner is admitted to the New York bar since 2004 and to the Austrian bar since 2007.
Immanuel Gerstner advises domestic and foreign companies on M&A, financial and real estate transactions. In particular, he has comprehensive experience of advising on cross-border matters.
Major legal directories recognize him as leading expert in the fields of Mergers & Acquisitions and Real Estate law (Chambers Europe Guide, Legal 500, Juve Handbook Austria). Additionally, in 2014, he was listed by Chambers & Partners as one of the most outstanding 40 „up and coming“ lawyers in Europe. Immanuel Gerstner is a lecturer at the University of Vienna and a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- Advised Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investing on the acquisition and refinancing of the mixed used real estate complex "Millennium City / Millennium Tower" in Handelskai 94-96, 1200 Vienna, with a total area of 92.700 sqm.
- Advised Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investing on the acquisition of the mixed used real estate complex Wien Mitte including the shopping center "The Mall".
- Advised IFA Institut für Anlageberatung AG, a member of Soravia Group, on the acquisition of “Motel One Elisabethstraße” in Vienna’s city center; its processing as a tax-relief participation model (“Bauherrenmodell) in the legal form of a GmbH & Co KG (limited partnership) as well as on the sale to about 200 investors.
- Advised Conwert Immobilien Invest SE on the sale of its Czech and Slovak real estate portfolio with a total area of 46,249 sqm.
- Advised STRAUSS & PARTNER Development GmbH on the sale and refinancing of the Porr Tower, an office building in 1100 Vienna, Absberggasse 47. The Porr Tower is the headquarters of Porr AG.
- Advised UBM Development AG, a leading European real estate developer, on the acquisition of Hotel Ramada Tivoli in Innsbruck.
- Advising JTI Group on the sale of a portfolio of company-owned apartments with a total area of approx. 70.000 sqm.