Alice Meissner is an attorney-at-law at SCWP Schindhelm since 2014. Prior to that she worked several years as an attorney-at-law at an international renowned law firm in Vienna. She is admitted as an Austrian as well as a German attorney-at-law.
Ms Meissner graduated in law at the University of Hamburg as well as at the University of Vienna. She completed both German bar exams with distinction and her doctoral thesis on nominal capital increase at the University of Vienna with best grades.
She regularly holds lectures regarding transnational M&A deals with reference to Asia.
Ms Meissner is member of the Chinese European Legal Association and the Hong Kong Federation of Women Lawyers.
- Advising on cross-border M&A transactions
- Advising Chinese investors with the acquisitions of Austrian enterprises and with the structure of Chinese outbound investments including the consideration of relevant Chinese governmental approval procedures
- Advising joint-ventures with Chinese entities
- Advising on acquisitions of assets and enterprises during ongoing insolvency proceedings
- Representing multinational corporations in international commercial arbitration proceedings
- Advising a listed Chinese manufacturing company in purchasing a majority share after restructuring of assets during an on-going insolvency procedure of the target
- Advising a listed Chinese company in purchasing shares in Austrian target companies after an agreed restructuring plan as well as in the negotiation and set up of a joint-venture structure
- Advising a multinational company in setting up a business structure in Austria
- Advising a multinational company in divesting its assets and in purchasing new assets from competing companies, including the post-merger integration of ex-competitors
- Representing an European machine manufacturer in an arbitration proceeding under the Rules of Arbitration of the International Arbitral Centre of the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber in Vienna